Aqua Baby classes are group lessons designed to help infants become more comfortable in the aquatic environment and begin learning some basic techniques.
Infants 6 months to 24 months are perfect for this option. There are numerous benefits for Aqua Baby classes including:
- Bilateral cross-patterning movements, which help both sides of the body to carry out an action and helps your baby's brain grow
- Promotes neuron function throughout the brain to simulate reading skills, language development, academic learning, and spatial awareness down the road
- Significant advances in physical and mental development when compared to non-swimming peers (4 year study over 7,000 children conducted by Griffith University in Australia)
- Improved social skills in a group setting
- Increases self-esteem, greater self-control, and increased confidence due to the benefits of the bonding experience
- Multiple studies have shown a decrease in drowning risk by as much as 88% in children aged 1-4 who had taken swim lessons.
In the class, your child will be taught to become comfortable in the water, they will:
- Learn to blow bubbles
- Learn to go under water
- Learn to float
- Learn to roll over
- Learn to kick
- Learn to use their arms
- Learn to swim back to steps
- Once the child puts it together, that child is ready for swim lessons!